This past weekend I hosted a holiday party at my house. I am a firm believer that when you host a party your food should be the most important thing you showcase. People love to eat and they don’t want to just eat chips and dip. They want something hearty that is going to fill them up, especially if you serve drinks at your party as that will increase appetites.
I chose to go with Chipotle catering. They offered several delicious options that were perfect for my party and they served as few as 6 or as many as 200. I liked that they handled all of the food because it meant less work for me. I called 2 days in advance and they took my order quickly and efficiently.
I ended up going with the big meat spread for 20 people which included the following:
- White and Brown Cilantro-Lime Rice
- Black Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Fajita Vegetables (only with The Big Spread)
- Fresh Tomato Salsa (mild)
- Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa (medium)
- Tomatillo-Green Chili Salsa (medium hot)
- Tomatillo-Red Chili Salsa (hot)
- Sour Cream
- Crispy Taco Shells
- Soft Flour Tortillas
- Bowls, Utensils, Napkins
- Serving Spoons & Tongs
- Stands, Chafing Dishes & Fuel
When I got to the store everyone was super nice. An employee behind that counter handed me a complimentary drink to have while I waited for them to bring my order out. When it finally came out they carried it out to my car for me in 2 separate trips.
Here is what it looked like before it was all unpacked. My car smelled so good on the ride home.
We also had Tomatilla-Green chili salsa, and the Tomatillo-Red Chili Salsa. Both made excellent additions to top off everyone’s meal. They were spicy and full bodied and even tasted great with the lime tortilla chips.
Of course I baked some fudgy peppermint bites to finish off the night.
I highly recommend Chipotle Catering for your holiday party or any event you may need to feed a large amount of people. The service is friendly and they have a section on their website here describing special diet information. There are several vegetarian options including sofritas. My guests were all happily full by the end of the night and everyone.
Here is some info about Chipotle you man not have known:
- They serve the very best sustainably raised food possible with an eye to great taste, great nutrition and great value.
- Whenever possible they use meat from animals raised without the use of antibiotics or added hormones.
- They source organic and local produce when practical. And they use dairy from cows raised without the use of synthetic hormones
For more information visit www.chipotle.com.