2nd Annual Big Bite Bacon Fest at The Queen Mary
Over 8,000lbs of bacon were served up this year at the 2nd annual big bite bacon fest at The Queen Mary. Bacon lovers from all over came to try a variety of pork flavored treats from over 50 local restaurants. The event raised $10,000 for America’s Veterans with charity partner Team Red, White and Blue (Team RWB) to assist in enriching the lives of America’s veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity.
- Dia De Los Puercos’ “Hog Pocket”,
- Whole Foods Market, Long Beach “Cherry Bomb Meatball” stuffed with jalapeno bacon, gouda cheese and chipotle seasonings,
- The Red Leprechaun’s “Bacon & French Toast” bread pudding and The Bacon Babe’s dark chocolate bacon tarts with cinnamon whiskey buttercream.
- Severin Stone & the Richeeze Truck took home the People’s Choice Award for their bacon mac ‘n’ cheese slider.
- Chef Nathaniel Nguyen of the Prince & Pantry and his popular “Millionaire Bacon Bar”
Bacon Flavored Beverages
- Bacon Vodka,
- Bootlegger’s Brewery
- Deep Eddy Vodka
- Lagunitas Brewing
- Samuel Adams
- Shock Top
- Sierra Nevada
- Hard Rock Café with their Twist and Shout Shake with Guinness, Spiced Rum and bacon!
A good friend of mine attended and said she made sure to show up in her stretchy pants to stay comfortable throughout the day. There was bacon themed games and live on-air talk about bacon offerings.
Be sure to join next years Bacon Fest at the Queen Mary.