Credit: Knott’s Berry Farm
Every year, Knott’s Berry Farm hosts a festival where they celebrate the little berry that started it all – the boysenberry, during their annual Boysenberry Festival. This 16-day festival has over 70, one-of-a-kind boysenberry inspired fare, drinks and more, including sinfully good treats like Boysenberry Cheesecake.
I have the recipe for this decadent dessert and I am excited to share it with you! If you happen to make one, please set a slice aside for me and I’ll be right over!
Knott’s Boysenberry Cheesecake
- Graham cracker crust
- 1 ½ cup Graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cupGranulated sugar
- ⅓ cup Unsalted butter
- Boysenberry cheesecake filling
- 1 lb. Cream cheese
- 10 oz. Granulated sugar
- 1 ½ oz. All-purpose flour
- 6 oz. Sour cream
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tbs.Lemon juice
- ⅓ cup Berry Market Boysenberry preserves
- Graham cracker crust:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- In a medium-sized bowl or a food processor, combine graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter; blend until the texture of coarse meal.
- Press into a 10-inch pie pan.
- Try to make the crust about ⅛ inch evenly all around. If the crumb mixture won't stick where you press them,add another tablespoon of water to the mix.Even the crumbs up and make sure there are no gaps or holes.
- Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes. The edges will be just slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and let crust cool, on a wire rack, before filling
- Boysenberry Cheesecake filling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, flour and vanilla in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended
- Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs one a time, mixing on low speed after each addition until just blended. Pour over prepared graham cracker crust.
- Gently drop a small spoonful of jam over the batter; cut through batter several times with a knifefor a marbled effect.
- Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely or overnight.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Cut into 8-10 pieces and serve.
- Garnish with fresh boysenberries or Berry Market Boysenberry Jam