July is National Grilling month and if you love to Grill I have a great steak recipe for you! It’s called Brava Steak with Lazy Salsa. This recipe features Bohemia Beer with makes a delicious addition to the salsa.
Brava Steak with Lazy Salsa Recipe
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 4 serrano or 2 jalapeño chiles
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil, plus more for steaks
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 6 ribeye or strip beef steaks, 1 inch thick and about 8 ounces each
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Jalapeño Cilantro Salsa
- ½ cup Bohemia Beer
- Salt to taste
1. Roast garlic cloves and chiles in an ungreased skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until soft and blackened in spots, usually 5 to 10 minutes for chiles and 10 to 15 minutes for garlic. Cool, and then peel garlic.
2. Puree garlic, chiles, lime juice and 2 tablespoons oil in a blender or food processor. Season with salt. Pour into a shallow dish and add steaks. Let marinate steaks for 1 hour at room temperature or 2 hours in the refrigerator.
3. For the lazy salsa, heat the beer and salsa in a saucepan to a simmer. Cook gently to concentrate slightly, about 3 minutes. Cool and season with salt.
4. Prepare a charcoal grill or heat a gas to hot. Brush the steaks with oil. Grill the steaks about three or four minutes per side for medium rare. Serve with lazy salsa.