Even though it’s been nearly 100 degrees almost every day this week, fall is less than 2 weeks away and Brio Tuscan Grill in Irvine has rolled out their new Fall Menu items. The new fall menu items feature made-from-scratch BRIO originals on the lunch, dinner and brunch menus including:
I had dinner with a friend last week to try some of the menu items and we had an amazing waitress that made our entire dining experience very enjoyable.
We started with the Roasted Garlic, Spinach & Artichoke Dip served with Parmesan flatbread. This appetizer is just the right size for two but if you have a big appetite I would suggest ordering a second appetizer. The flat bread is so good and is a nice change from tortilla chips.
We also sampled some refreshing cocktails before our meals came. On the left is a frozen peach Bellini and a cucumber gin and tonic with elderflower. On the right is a Gin & Ginger which features Hendrick’s Gin, ginger syrup, citrus juice and soda, served on the rocks. Even though the gin and ginger looks like water I promise you it packs quite punch.
There are several new items on the Fall menu. I have listed them below.
- Pesce Piccata – Wild caught cod, toasted almonds, lemons, capers, roasted garlic sauce, angel hair tossed with roasted vegetable
- Braised Beef Pappardelle – Rosemary pappardelle, crimini mushrooms, roasted carrots, red onions, tomato porcini sauce
- Crispy Chicken Salad – Romano crusted chicken, tricolore lettuce, marinated kale, farro, tomatoes, feta, cucumbers, orzo, croutons, Tuscan Italian dressing
- Tuscan Kale Caesar – Chicken or grilled salmon, tricolore lettuce, marinated kale, pancetta, tomatoes, chopped egg, croutons, parmesan, Caesar dressing
- BRIO Brunch Burger – Cage free fried egg, applewood bacon, provolone, housemade tomato jam, arugula and fries
- Tuscan Brunch Bowl – Sausage, quinoa, kale, crimini mushrooms, zucchini, cage free sunny side up eggs, tomatoes, parmesan, Sriracha mayo
I decided to try the pesce Piccata which was very tasty, however I was not expecting the fish to be breaded so it was a bit on the heavy side for me. If you like fish, perhaps you could ask for this not to be breaded but the angel hair pasta and the vegetables were delicious! Parmesan cheese is the perfect addition to this dish.
I mentioned earlier in my post about our amazing waitress. She was extremely attentive and even picked my friend’s meal for her when she couldn’t decide. She chose the Pasta Alla Vodka – Ricotta-filled pasta, spicy tomato Parmesan cream sauce, crispy pancetta, and basil. Wow, this dish was outrageously delicious. She even took some home for lunch the next day.
To finish off our dinner, we both enjoy a decadent dessert. I chose the Torta di Cioccolata- a warm chocolate center, vanilla bean gelato, anglaise sauce, chocolate drizzle. It is similar to a lava cake and I ate every last bite of it.
I am looking forward to going back and trying more! Check out Brio on Facebook for more exciting photos and news events.