There’s a new restaurant coming to Fashion Island Newport Beach. It’s called Lark Creek and it brings a seasonal farm-fresh, coastal inspired cuisine to Orange County. Artisian cocktails and worldly wines are also a part of Lark Creek’s concept which slated to open in late July 21013.
The restaurant will be helmed by Chef/Partner John Ledbetter, and will be open for lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch. Cass Calder Smith, a nationally recognized architecture, designed this restaurant and will feature an outdoor lounge, full bar, and private dining space. Lark Creek Newport Beach will be a perfect dining destination for guests to stop by anytime of the day.
Chef/Partner Ledbetter who previously worked in New Orleans, New York City, and at Lark Creek Steak and Bocanova in Northern California said in a statement: “I’m looking forward to bringing what I’ve learned across the country back home to Orange County, and taking full advantage of the area’s local produce, meats, and seafood.” The sustainable seafood is sourced in accordance with Monterey Bay’s Aquarium Seafood Watch program,
Lark Creek Newport Beach will also be the first California restaurant to be certified by SPE, a unique program that defines a new way to eat by enhancing the nutritional quality of meals without compromising taste.
The dinner menu offers Starters such as
- Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho with cucumber sorbet and fennel pollen;
- White Shrimp Ceviche with avocado, toy box tomato, cilantro, habanero, lime, and plantain chips;
- Watermelon Carpaccio served with feta, radish, mint, and champagne vinaigrette.
Mains dishes include:
- Wild King Salmon with grilled baby fennel, yellow pepper, and a saffron broth;
- Alaskan Halibut with potato gnocchi, English peas, and pea tendrils;
- Almond grilled wood-fired steaks like the “1855” New York Strip, and whole local fish.
Guests can also choose from a selection of Sides such as:
- Grilled Summer Corn with fava beans and tomatoes
- Roasted Zucchini with golden raisins.
The lunch menu offers a selection of sandwiches like:
- Ahi Tuna Burger with mizuna and shaved fennel salad and saffron aioli.
Main dishes such as:
- Gulf Prawn Skewers served with roasted corn, poblano chilies, basil, and roasted tomato vinaigrette.
- Salads including the Mixed Baby Kale and Quinoa Salad with sunflower seeds, roasted plum, and white balsamic vinaigrette, with the option to add chicken or Gulf Prawns.
Diners looking for a sweet end to their meal will delight in the restaurant’s signature Butterscotch Pudding, Nectarine Blueberry Crisp, and the tempting Strawberry Panna Cotta.
The weekend brunch menu showcases a farm-fresh take on breakfast classics, including:
- The Pork Tamale with masa cake, a poached egg, salsa verde, and queso fresco
- Eggs Benedict with shaved pork loin and Hollandaise on an English muffin.
- Buttermilk Waffle served with mixed berries, maple syrup, and whipped cream. For younger guests, Lark Creek Newport Beach offers a kids’ menu of crowd pleasures and health-conscious favorites such as the Grilled Cheddar Cheese Sandwich and Grilled Free-Range Chicken Breast with farmers’ market vegetables.
Lark Creek Newport Beach is located at Fashion Island at 957 Newport Center Drive in Newport Beach, and will be open for lunch, dinner, and happy hour Monday-Friday, and for brunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday. Valet parking is available at the entrance of the restaurant adjacent to the garage between Nordstrom and Bloomingdales. For more information, call 949-640-6700, or visit the restaurant at www.larkcreeknb.com and on Facebook.