Did you know that seafood is considered one of the most heart-healthy foods you can eat? This is all because of it’s omega-3 fatty acids, iron, B and D vitamins, and protein. The American Heart Association published a report stating that two servings of fish per week could significantly reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. Eating more seafood also has benefits for pregnant women, including brain, heart and eye health for both mothers and their babies. Seafood is among the highest quality proteins and reported to contribute to overall feelings of well-being, improve skin appearance and is a good source of vitamin D.
Seafood is generally low in cholesterol, which is important for heart health. It reduces the chance of blood clots, heart attacks and strokes and protects brain cells and improves cognition and memory. One of my favorite places where I know I can get fresh, quality seafood is Rubio’s!
Rubio’s Uses Quality Ingredients
Rubio’s is proud to use the following ingredients:
- Responsibly-sourced seafood
- Stone-ground corn and flour tortillas made with simple ingredients
- Fresh produce
- Beans that are never fried, refried or out of a can
- Meals are prepared to order in their kitchens
- Salsas and guacamole are prepared fresh daily
- Beans and rice are made from scratch daily
New Seasonal Menu
There are three new seasonal items on the Rubio’s menu.
- Smoky Oaxacan Shrimp Two Taco Plate – Grilled Shrimp marinated in our smoky Oaxacan sauce made with ancho, Anaheim, chipotle and guajillo chiles, along with buttery Hass avocado slices, melted cheese, cilantro onion mix, cabbage and a smoky Oaxacan sauce on warm stone-ground corn tortillas. Served with no-fried™ pinto beans and tortilla chips.
- Smoky Oaxacan Shrimp Bowl – Smoky Oaxacan marinated grilled shrimp, guacamole, cotija cheese, cilantro onion mix, cabbage and a smoky Oaxacan sauce on warm stone-ground corn tortillas. Served with black beans and tortilla chips.
- Puerto Nuevo Burrito – Sustainable, wild-caught Langostino Lobster, Mexican rice, pinto beans, drawn garlic butter, salsa fresca and guacamole wrapped in warm flour tortilla.
45 Day Seafood Challenge
Rubio’s is currently hosting a 45 day Seafood Challenge where you can win one (1) Grand Prize: A $1,000 Rubio’s gift card or Five (5) First Prizes: An Apple Watch SE, color may be chosen by the winners. The Promotion began on February 15, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PT”) and ends on March 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PT. You can find more information here about the sweepstakes.
Win $50 in Rubio’s Complimentary Meal Cards
One lucky winner has a chance to win $50 in Rubio’s Complimentary Meal Cards
US Residents Only. No purchase necessary to enter. All readers have an equal chance to win, however, you must enter to win. A winner will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. I will attempt to contact the winner for 3 days. If the winner cannot be reached by email, a new winner will be selected the same way. There are several different ways to earn entries. One prize per household. The winner will receive, free of charge, the prize mentioned above. This prize has no cash value and is not available for exchanges. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Not liable for unclaimed prizes or fulfillment.
** Not sponsored by Instagram. No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the US aged 18 and older. Ends 3/18/2021