Winter is right around the corner and what better way to welcome winter than with classic comfort food? One of my favorite restaurants in Orange County, ZT’ejas Southwestern Grill, has some delicious new entrees on their new seasonal menu. For a limited time you can order the following items:
- Meatloaf in a natural pan gravy served with mashed potatoes and broccoli for $11.95
- Beef short rib marinated in spices until fork tender and served with creamy mashed potatoes and veggies for $14.95
- Maple cider brined roast chicken accompanied by pecan baked sweet potato winter vegetable medley for $12.95
- Cast-iron scallops served atop charred tomato red rice with roasted veggies for $18.95.
Lunch items include:
- A roast chicken pot pie for $8.95
- Arugula salad tossed with Gala apples, roasted beets, leeks, fennel and goat cheese for $10.95
- Short rib enchiladas for $11.95
- An open-faced meatloaf sandwich for $10.95
All items on the winter lunch and dinner menus come with suggested wine pairings.
Z’Tejas Southwestern Grill offers a wide array of fresh, flavorful and innovative menu items inspired by culinary influences from Louisiana, Texas, California and Mexico. The restaurant’s interior features an exhibition kitchen, private dining room, mahogany bar, wrought iron detailing, handcrafted tile work, copper accents, jewel-toned fabric lined booths and flattering amber-colored lighting. Al fresco dining is available on the restaurant’s 85-seat heated patio. Z’Tejas Southwestern Grill is open daily for lunch and dinner; half price appetizers and drink specials are offered during happy hour.
Z’Tejas Southwestern Grill is located on the east side of South Coast Plaza (3333 S. Bristol Street, Costa Mesa). For more information, call (714) 979-7469 or visit www.ztejas.com.