Art plays a large part in making our lives infinitely rich. And it’s such a large part of our everyday lives that we may hardly even stop to think about it. Personally, I love to buy art as it makes my home feel stylish and it works as a great conversation piece.
Bistango, which was voted “best place to buy original art” by readers of the Orange County Register, is bebuting its Winter Art Exhibit on Saturday, November 16 from 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. The public is invited to the free reception where they will have an opportunity to meet with most of the artists whose work will be represented. Pizza and wine will be served. Space is limited; email [email protected] to add your name to the list. The event is being curated by Studio Gallery in collaboration with Marchetti Fine Arts.
Among the featured artists:
- SHOSHANA ERNST — Harvard University art critic Miri Kubovy says that the most striking quality of Ernst’s work is her “captivating burning colors. In her art, color is transformed into the richest tactile texture, which transcends to an overwhelming emotion. Color becomes matter, energy and form.”
- KAREN WIECHERT — She is renowned for her representational paintings and her preferred medium is oil on canvas or board. Her latest series explores the relationship between people and dogs at the beach.
- AURORA AGUIRRE — Born and raised in Hawaii, she grew up influenced by the sea, nature and overall tropical beauty. She says, “I am inspired by many visual and emotional subjects that lead me to paint a variety of genres. My art becomes a personal expression of my soul.” Her style and process is unique because she uses unconventional mediums like resins and mixed vehicles with pigments to create an abstract effect and embellishes with oils on abstract images. She calls these paintings “my Dimensional Mixed Mediums because of the depth the viewer sees when viewing them in person.”
- PHILIP VAUGHAN — Raised in Le Havre, France, Vaughan’s lifelong love of architecture, painting and sculpture set the stage for his style. He attended Cambridge University to study architecture and earned an art degree at Chelsea School of Art before accepting a position with Walt Disney Imagineering designing dinosaurs, rides and sets for Epcot and Tokyo Disneyland. His mediums include sculpture, drawings, paintings and public art commissions.
- GOLI MAHALLATI — Iranian artist Goli Mahallati’s work explores the “elemental state of the human condition.” She says her use of warm and luminescent colors and depictions of mysterious forms offer a “unified sense of energies often lacking in post-modernism. My paintings are less about thinking and more about intriguing energies from which they have arisen.
Bistango is located at 19100 Von Karman Ave in Irvine, CA. For more information call (949) 752-5222 or visit www.Bistango.com.