Driftwood Kitchen Brings New Oceanfront Dining to LB
Laguna Beach boasts some of the best Oceanfront Restaurants in Orange County and now there is another one to add to the list. It’s called Driftwood Kitchen.
Acclaimed Chef Rainer Schwarz Focuses on California Coastal Cuisine and Craft Cocktails at Driftwood Kitchen and it features the freshest and finest seafood, steaks and hand-shucked oysters, alongside handcrafted cocktails, with breathtaking ocean views.
Chef Rainer Schwarz also focuses on Craft Cocktails at Driftwood. He says the primary focus will be on the diversity and freshness that the ocean provides.
Chef Rainer’s menu features innovative, yet approachable dishes including the following:
· Octopus “a la Plancha” Taco / Mexican wild shrimp / jicama-cilantro / avocado mousse / tomato-pineapple chutney
· Soft-Shell Crab / buttermilk fried / green papaya slaw / spicy papaya seed dipping sauce
· Whole Fried Branzino (serves 1) or Texas Redfish (serves 2-4) / mochiko rice flour / julienne vegetable / roasted shishito peppers / ponzu sauce
· “Surf & Turf” Maine Lobster Tail and Petite Tenderloin / R&R Ranch Washington USDA Prime / Yukan Gold mashed / Zuckerman Farms jumbo asparagus / sauce béarnaise
· 2 ½ Pound Maine Lobster Entrée / Yukan Gold mashed / Zuckerman Farms jumbo asparagus / drawn butter
· Angel Hair Pasta “Rustichella d’Abruzzo” / Mexican sweet shrimp / stewed tomatoes / EVOO / Thai basil / uni / salmon caviar
· New York Steak – Greater Omaha / peppercorn sauce / home-made French fries
· Oysters by the dozen
To complement Chef Rainer’s menu of ocean-inspired offerings, the new 20-seat Stateroom Bar features classic cocktails with an emphasis on fine bourbons and whiskeys artfully and creatively crafted into artisan libations, presented with an original twist. The Stateroom Bar will embrace the former home library of old Hollywood character actor, Slim Summerville. Al fresco dining will also be available along 36-seat outside patio furnished with oversized couches and fire pits for evening dining.
“Our Cocktail Program at Driftwood Kitchen pays homage to the location’s rich history,” commented John Nye, Director of Operations, who oversees the daily operations of both Driftwood Kitchen and its sister restaurant, The Deck. “The Stateroom Bar presents a cocktail menu which features classic libations reminiscent of the historic tenants.”
Driftwood Kitchen is located at 619 Sleepy Hollow Lane in Laguna Beach and is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily. For more information, visit www.driftwoodkitchen.com