Who doesn’t like comfort food that tastes like a home cooked meal yet uses wholesesome fresh ingredients? At Farmer Boys you can expect farm fresh vegetables that are delivered at the peak of crispness and flavor as well as burgers that are made from 100% USDA pure beef. On a recent visit to Farmer Boys we met manager Jose Heguere whom I must say is the friendliest restaurant employee we have ever met. He greeted us with the biggest warmest smile and literally wanted nothing but for us to have the best possible dining experience. The entire restaurant was decked out in holiday decor which I found festive and fun.
After we ordered our food Jose came to the table to check on us and we chatted him up for a bit. Here are a few things we learned after speaking with Jose:
- Everything is Chopped fresh in the restaurant, every day.
- Their zucchini and onion rings are cut, sliced and breaded by hand.
- All of their salads are hand-chopped. Dressings are house-made from family recipes.
- The avocado on their burgers is hand cut, with no fillers.
- They use real cage-free eggs in the shell.
- Farmer Boys coffee is ground at the restaurant.
- Their orange juice is fresh squeezed locally, never pasteurized.
- Their lettuce is grown at Duda Farms in Salinas, which arrives without a middleman directly to the store within 48 hours of picking.
- Their buns are baked locally at Galasso’s in Mira Loma.
- Milk and cream comes from Alta Dena Farm in the City of Industry and have no artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors or stabilizers adulterate their milk products nor is rSBT, an artificial growth hormone, used in the dairy cows.
Currently, Farmer Boys has re-introduced big hearty bread bowls to warm up the winter, along with brand new ‘Happiest Hour’ specials from 2-5 p.m. daily. You can choose between clam chowder or chili bread bowls. As for the appetizers you can pick $2 Zucchini Sticks or Onion Rings, $3 4pc. Chicken Strips, $4 Chili Cheese Fries, or a $5 Double Big Cheese® Burger. How is that for a bargain?
OMG The onions were insanely delicious. So fresh and juicy!
Lets talk about the salads at Farmer Boys. We ordered a southwest chicken salad and they uses the nicest lettuce that was so vibrant and green. And the avocado was ripe to perfection, not a single imperfection on it. The balance of meat to veggies ratio was perfect and it was big enough to feed two people.
The onion rings are big and thick and have the best batter. They are on the happy hour list and the portion size is great for snacking!
If you have kids, they have a decent sized kids menu. They can even order breakfast for lunch because they serve breakfast all day long!
Lastly, their Bacon Turkey Melt is like no other! Crisp bacon is nestled under tender turkey slices and smothered with melted cheese. There were so many other menu items we wanted to try but with only one stomach, I guess that means we will have to come back for more!