New Fall Dishes at Jimmy’s Famous American Tavern
The Months of October thru January make me crave fireplaces, sweaters, ugg boots and warm dinners. I absolutely love going out to eat and there is a fairly new restaurant in town called “Jimmy’s Famous American Tavern” in Dana Point.
Owner David Wilhelm and Executive Chef Tommy Ferguson have teamed up to create new seasonal items and nightly specials with the robust flavors of fall. The new menu items and seasonal offerings will feature hearty dishes perfect for a crisp, autumn evening on the Dana Point Harbor, such as the Spicy Turkey Chili topped with Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream and Scallions; the Skillet Roasted Cheddar & Jalapeño Cornbread, or Wilhelm’s favorite, the French Quarter Boil made with fresh Shrimp Clams, Mussels, Andouille Sauce, Red Potatoes and Corn in Spicy Beer & Garlic Broth with Grilled Bread.
Additional autumn inspired specials include:
– Flatbread with Roasted Butternut Squash, Wild Mushrooms, Leeks, Taleggio, Truffle Oil
– Meatloaf with Bacon Rainbow with Cremini Mushroom Sauce, Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans
– Roasted Pork on Cabbage, Apples and Bacon with Mashed Potatoes, Applejack Peppercorn Sauce
– Chicken Braised in Red Wine with Onions, Mushrooms, Roasted Baby Carrots and Chive Mashed Potatoes
– Chicken Pot Pie with Sherry Cream Sauce
– Lamb Shanks on Sweet Pea Mashed with Caper-Sage Brown Butter
– Pan Seared Pork Cutlets with Chive Mashed and Caper-Sage Brown Butter
-Bricked Chicken with Pinenuts, Cranberries, Croutons, Bitter Greens & Warm Jus
– Boneless Braised Short Ribs with Mushrooms, Onions, Pappardelle & Dijon Horseradish Cream
– Mac & 5 Cheese with Black Forest Ham
Spicy Turkey Chili
Boneless Braised Short Ribs
Jimmy’s Famous American Tavern can be found at http://j-fat.com.