This is a sponsored post . All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Calling all Shrimp lovers! You don’t have to go far to satisfy your craving for plump, delicious and juicy shrimp. Red Lobster currently has an endless shrimp promotion with an amazing variety that will have you wishing you had an endless stomach to go with it.
On a recent visit to my local Red Lobster I sampled about three out of the five flavors listed on the menu. Each one tasted better than the one before so it was extremely hard to pick my favorite flavor.
How Does The ordering Process Work?
You start your experience by ordering two of your favorite shrimp preparations, and when you are ready, you can continue picking additional shrimp selections one at a time. Here are your choices:
- New! Nashville Hot Shrimp: Panko-crusted shrimp, fried and tossed with a mixture of brown sugar, cayenne, paprika and black pepper, topped with a honey drizzle to balance the spice
- New! Mediterranean Shrimp: Grilled shrimp skewer with layers of texture and flavor, including fresh grape tomatoes and green onions with white wine, garlic and lemon butter sauce
- Hand-Crafted Garlic Shrimp Scampi: Shrimp in a garlic and white wine butter sauce
- Hand-Breaded Shrimp: Hand-breaded shrimp fried to a golden brown, and served with Red Lobster’s signature cocktail sauce
- Shrimp Linguini Alfredo: Tender shrimp in a creamy, fresh garlic Parmesan sauce, served over linguini
There Is A Secret Shrimp Menu!
While dining last week, my waiter came over and told me about a handful of secret menu items that are not advertised on the endless shrimp menu. These include: Cape Cod Kettle Chip-Crusted Shrimp, Panko-Crusted Red Shrimp, Coconut Bites, Popcorn Shrimp, and Garlic-Grilled Shrimp Skewers.
As the saying goes, “It’s 5 o’clock somewhere” so why not start off your meal with an ice-cold cocktail from the bar? After perusing the menu I noticed they had some new drink specials and Peach Long Island caught my eye. It stars vodka, gin, rum and Coke®, peach schnapps and a peach purée .
They also serve a berry Mo-tito. It has lime, sugar, mint, and Tito’s vodka as well as sweet berry purée and fresh blackberries.
Depending on how hungry you are and just how much shrimp you are planning on digesting, you can choose to order an appetizer. My favorite is the giant coconut shrimp with a Pina Colada dipping sauce. They take hand-dipped jumbo shrimp, toss them in flaky coconut and fry them until they are perfectly crisp. It comes with a side of creamy tropical dipping sauce that will have you dreaming of paper umbrellas.
Before you dive into your endless entrees, they will tease you with a basket of fluffy cheddar bay biscuits. Pace yourself!!! These delectable pillows of cheesy goodness will have you wanting to eat basket after basket of them.
First up was the garlic grilled shrimp skewers and a side of tomato mozzarella caprese. I loved the lemon herb-butter sauce combined with the rich garlicky flavor. I would suggest picking a side that isn’t carb heavy so you can keep room for more shrimp but if you must get a potato I recommend
Next, I moved to the shrimp linguini alfredo. Tender shrimp is served over linguini tossed in a creamy garlic Parmesan sauce. It is one of their most popular items on the menu.
If you love garlic I highly suggest the shrimp scampi. This tender shrimp is oven-broiled in a garlic butter sauce and is rich and garlicky in all the right ways. The parsley is the perfect touch to combine all the flavors. This can also be added on top of the fettuccine if you are like me and eat up all the bay shrimp before the noodles.
If you prefer something a little lighter, the Mediterranean shrimp skewers are the perfect choice. Not only do these look beautiful but they are light and filling. Tender wood-grilled shrimp is drizzled with a fresh lemon herb-butter sauce and topped with sliced tomatoes and green onions to bring you a taste of the Mediterranean in every bite.
credit: Red Lobster
credit: Red Lobster
Don’t forget the fried shrimp and the Nashville Hot Shrimp. One tastes great with cocktail sauce and the other has it’s own spicy kick. Both will melt in your mouth.
credit: Red Lobster
All good meals should end with dessert so be sure to order a slice of rich chocolate cake. It’s served with a scoop of ice cream a la mode and really finished off a fantastic lunch.
3 Things You Might Not Know About Red Lobster
Often times when I dine at a restaurant I am curious about whether their seafood is wild or farm raised. After a little research I was pleasantly surprised at Red Lobsters standards and wanted to share with you:
- All of their WILD-CAUGHT seafood is caught in a safe, sustainable way. This includes favorites like live Maine lobster and snow crab, plus seasonal catches like Alaska Sockeye Salmon.
- All of their Farm-Raised seafood is sustainable and follows Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) defined by the Global Aquaculture Alliance (GAA).
- Their Fresh Fish menu features seasonal selections that are flown in or sourced from nearby waters—never frozen.