Vitamin-Filled Cocktail with Tequila
I did something this month that I thought I would never do. I stopped drinking alcohol for the entire month of January, also known as Janopause. Tomorrow I get to have my first cocktail in over a month and I know for certain my tolerance will not be like it was, so I will definitely be starting slow.
Today I came across a recipe for a Vitamin filled Cocktail called “Rhythem and Beets” . I would love to share the recipe with you. It uses 100% agave Tequila.
Why choose 100% agave tequila?
- While most alcohols are grain, corn or rye-based, Tequila Herradura is made from blue agave, which makes it paleo-approved, gluten free and has no sugar added.
- Tequila acts as a good low-calorie alternative to regular sugar-based cocktails and flavored spirits. One serving (1 fl. oz.) of 100 percent pure agave tequila has less than 70 calories and 0g of sugar/carbs/fat.
- Instead of reaching for sugar-filled juices, try ingredients that will nourish you while also tasting amazing!
Rhythm and Beets Cocktail (141 calories)
Rhythem and Beets Cocktail
1 oz. Herradura Silver (69 cal.) 2 oz. Carrot Juice (24 cal.) ½ oz. Ginger Juice (2 cal.) ½ oz. Lemon Juice (3.5 cal.) 2 oz. Beet Juice (28 cal.) 1 oz. Apple Juice (14 cal.)
- 1 oz. Herradura Silver (69 cal.)
- 2 oz. Carrot Juice (24 cal.)
- ½ oz. Ginger Juice (2 cal.)
- ½ oz. Lemon Juice (3.5 cal.)
- 2 oz. Beet Juice (28 cal.)
- 1 oz. Apple Juice (14 cal.)
- Place all ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with cubed ice. Shake hard and strain over ice into a tall glass. Garnish with a basil sprig and a disc cut from a golden beet.