Being a foodie has it’s perks! Like being invited to the media preview of the 2nd annual Newport Beach Food and Wine Festival. I tasted so many amazing dishes that got me so excited for the main event in October. At the festival, guests can taste, sip and learn from world-famous celebrity chefs, master sommeliers and local tastemakers. You can enjoy savory bites from 30 of OC’s finest restaurants, tastings from 200 award-winning wines, hand-crafted cocktails, imported brews and live jazz.
There were so many amazing samples to taste. from left to right:
- Fig & Olive- fig and goat tartlet with sunburst tomatoes, fort dolce, fresh figs, and walnuts.
- The Winery with Chef Yvon Goetez – seared rare yellow tuna with a mango and cucumber salad and a cilantro orange vinaigrette.
- Slapfish with Chef Andrew Gruel – a lobster BLTA with a summer corn sauce.
- Tru Foods Kitchen- Kale avocado dip on flax seeds chip
- Del Frisco’s Grille with Chef Sarah Daniels – a steak shaved sandwich with horseradish cream on a french roll.
- Five Crowns & Side Door with Steve Kling -Absinthe cured steelhead crostini, local goat cheese, and heirloom tomatoes.
- Driftwood Kitchen with Chef Rainer Schwarz – oney dash marinated hamachi collar with yellow corn and pickle pepper Blini and Santa Barbara Uni.
- Mastro’s Ocean Club- Signature butter cake with strawberries, whipped cream and raspberry
- Tommy Bahama Island Grille, Executive Chef Jimmy ChangoChili brown sugar crusted Cod with Apple risotto and Yucca Chips
- Absolute Elyx Cocktails – 1.5 oz Absolut Elyx, 2 oz. Grapefruit Juice, 0.5 oz. Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey, 0.5 oz. Agave Nectar, 0.25 oz. Luxardo Cherry Juiceo“Sun of aPeach”/ Ingredients: 2.25 oz.
- Absolut Elyx, 0.5 oz. Lemon Juice, 0.5 oz. Agave Nectar, 0.25 oz. Peach Puree, 0.75 oz. Egg Whites, 2 Dashes of Angostura Orange Bitters, Pinch of Cinnamon, Garnish with a sprinkle of Cinnamon,Tajin & Sugar.
Dates for the NEWBE Festival
Friday, October 2 (6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.) – Launch Party & Charity Event at Oak Grill & Aqua Lounge
Saturday, October 3 (1 p.m. to 5 p.m.) – Daytime Festival at Newport Beach Civic Center
Sunday, October 4 (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) – Riedel Master Glass Seminar & Tasting at Newport Beach Civic Center
Sunday, October 4 (1 p.m. to 5 p.m.) – Daytime Festival at Newport Beach Civic Center
This event is for guests 21 years of age and older. For info on ticket sales and to view the Festival’s celebrity chef lineup, restaurants, wineries and more, visit www.newportwineandfood.com
Launch Party:The Festival kicks off with a Launch Party & Charity Event on Friday, October 2,from 6:30pm to 9:30pm at Island Hotel’s Oak Grill & Aqua Lounge, one of Newport Beach’s hottest nightlife and dining destinations. Celebrity chefs, Festival participants and VIP guests will gather under the stars to enjoy a selection of fine wines, cocktails and live music. Oak Grill Executive Chef Marc Johnson, who is also a participating Festival restaurant chef, will be preparing a special menu for the evening while cooking live on the restaurant’s outdoor grill. Silent auction and net proceeds from the evening will benefit the Festival’s charity partner, Project Hope Alliance.Tickets for this event are sold separately from the Daytime Festival and are priced at $125 per ticket.
Where to buy tickets
You can purchase tickets to the festival here: http://www.newportwineandfood.com/tickets/